Do I need a referral to attend Greenacre Sports Medicine Clinic (GSMC)?
No, you can make an appointment directly with our clinic without a referral. Our therapists are primary care clinicians.
Are there special situations where I may require a referral to attend GSMC?
- Yes, we are accredited to treat patients under Medicare Chronic Disease Management (CDM), WorkCover, Motor Vehicle Accidents MAA and Veterans Affairs.
- If you are eligible for any of these schemes you will require a referral from your GP.
- You can call us to discuss further contact us.
What do I need to bring?
- Bring along any current X-rays, scans or test results relevant to your current injury.
- Complete a new patient form online (if possible).
- Your workers compensation, Motor Vehicle Insurance or DVA claim number information if applicable, or your accident or employer details.
- Your referral letter if you have one (not required for private patients not under WC, Motor Vehicle Insurance, or Medicare)
Am I required to arrive early for my first appointment?
Yes, you should arrive ten minutes before your appointment, as you will need to fill out New Patient paperwork.
How long will my appointment take?
- With our massage consults you can select the timing that best suits your needs. Appointments available are 30, 45 and 60-minute sessions. Choose what suits you best!
- With Osteopathy and other specialised therapies, the treatment time can vary depending on your specific needs. Each patient has an individualised approach so timing can range from 20 to 45 minutes.
- Whilst we do try our very best to run on time, sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control we do run late. If you have any concerns about your anticipated appointment time, call us in advance and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
What should I wear?
Often your therapist may ask you to remove items of clothing to allow them to have a better understanding of your body to aid diagnosis and treatment. A gown will always be offered, you are also welcome to bring loose fitting pants/shorts or remain clothed if this will make you feel more comfortable.
Can I bring a friend or relative?
Yes. You can have someone present throughout your consultation and treatment.
I have some concerns after my sessions can I contact my therapist?
Yes. If you have any concerns after your session please call us, the treating therapist will be more then happy to chat with you.
(Visited 123 times, 1 visits today)